How do I restore session (not recently closed tabs)?

1. Is there an absolute guarantee that if I close my current session, and then paste the files from my previous session into those folders, it’ll restore them and the current one won’t be lost?

(My current session is a saved part of the session that I lost - 26 out of 32 windows.)

1. Is there a way to find the pre-previous session files in some way - some backup reachable via TotalCommander or something?

I just had the malware “Searchgoose” change my browsers’ settings (Brave as well as Edge) from “open previous session” to “open this page: Searchgoose” and then auto-close the Browsers.

So when I re-opened them and restored the sessions (Brave: restored 30 out of the previously 32 windows), I then foolishly decided to restart the computer;

then I managed to only retrieve 26 windows from the “Recently Closed” list.

So my “previous session” would be the ones with the 30 windows (MAYBE I could restore the other 2 via “Recently Closed”, don’t know atm though).
Whereas the “pre-previous” one would be the one with the 32 windows - i.e. how it was just yesterday, before this malware problem.

Is there any way?
And are there any ways to fish out the 6 more “Recently Closed” windows no longer showing up on the History list - somewhere in the files or backups?

Thank you!