How do I find my bookmarks on my external drive or current hard drive?

Hello all. I’m really hoping someone can help me. I’ve had to reload windows on my Win 10, 64-bit laptop. My brave bookmarks were my life: now I can’t find any of them. I ‘thought’ I had brave synced, but I’m not too confident I did. Either way, how do I find and import my bookmarks from either my external backup drive or possibly from my current hard drive? My backup drive is a Seagate. I know they have to be backed up somewhere but I can’t figure it out. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

@UncleCarl,
Did you manually back up your bookmarks (Menu —> Bookmarks manager --> Export bookmarks...)?

No, I just back up my laptop hard drive. Nothing specifically done about bookmarks.

@UncleCarl ,

The “Bookmarks” and “Bookmarks.bak” files are somewhere a sub-directory (might be the “Default” folder within):

C:\Users\your_windows_username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\

So my guess is, that you would be searching around on the backup hard drive, for a similar directory path.

If you are really determined to explore and willing to study:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.