Home Page Bookmarks?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

As I add bookmarks to the mobile bookmarks of my mobile Android browser, they are added to the brave homepage, but apparently only on the top line. Other words, I have a top line of four bookmarks, and any added after that are off the screen to the right, instead of below. Is there any way to get them so that they line up, four in a row, multiple rows?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Unless I am the only one having the problem, I assume adding more than four bookmarks to mobile bookmarks should reproduce the issue for anyone. Fifth bookmark will not be visible on the homepage, where mobile bookmarks are displayed.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.12.113, Chromium 8404147125

Mobile Device details

Samsung galaxy Note 20 ultra

Additional Information:

Hopefully this will work, I have added a screenshot of my homepage where you can see the four bookmarks. I’ve added more bookmarks to the mobile bookmarks, but they aren’t displaying, but if I delete one of the four shown, the next bookmark in line takes its place. Is that the way it is supposed to work? Or should they all be displayed up and down the homepage?

On my home page (Android), I have bookmarks on two rows, added automatically by brave based on my browsing history in my first day of use.

However these don’t seem to expand further or be updated according to usage.

I don’t know whether it’s a variation on your problem or a setting of Brave (haven’t seen it in the settings menu, at least).

When I delete one of them, another appears instead. I assume that by deleting less used ones the Darwinian selection will make the list more pertinent with time.

Comments welcome!

1 Like

Huh. Interesting. I suspected this last night as the positioning of my four shifted around, that it was usage based rather than a list of your actual mobile bookmarks. If that’s the case, I still don’t understand why I got four immediately and the other rows have yet to be populated. Like you, if I delete one, another takes its place, but why not give me another row like you? Or two? Or three? Confusing. I love an old browser called “Boat Browser” that let me have a home page filled with bookmarks of my choice, and I’m having a tough time finding a replacement browser that does a similar thing and is equally as functional as Boat is no longer supported. I was hoping it was Brave, but the lack of straightforwardness with this home page is making me doubt it.

Thanks for your reply!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.