Halo how to fix this, its saying the region is not supported

Briefly describe your issue:
I have been using brave and its awesome, I can see my uphold account in the home page. I have been using it for years, but just now, its showing an error that Region is not supported why?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I am windows 11.

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
I have been verified for more than a year.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, Philippines.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Im using Browser in PC

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yes

Hi, i have the same problem but for France. On a subject opened by one of my compatriot, someone ended up finding the reason:
Brave/Uphold took us (France) out of the list of eligible countries and after checking for the philippines, it looks like the same.

Some links about that :

1 Like

why the change though…

In your region, because way too much fraud.

1 Like

oh I see, that’s unfortunate. I have been using brave for years, what about the legit users like us? who verified their accounts on uphold. Is their any plans in the future?

@BroJenuel Listen to the first 5 minutes or so of https://youtu.be/n_C_PGeDXZo if you can understand spoken English and want to hear someone from Brave talk about it themselves.

As far as pertains to Philippines, I guess the small excerpt about you was from 3:45-4:01

Where it was included is they said working on regions for everyone and hoping to get it back soon. However,

It may take us a little while to figure out things in Vietnam and Philippines. We’re still working on that. We still want to bring all these regions back.

So to answer if they eventually will bring back in the future, the answer is yes. But it makes it seem far off compared to other countries. Unfortunately there is no timeline for any particular place. But they did say France and India was the priority for them at this time.

Like I said, hopefully ones like France and India, you know, they’re probably at the top of our list to bring back into the fold. As soon as we have any updates there, we’ll let you know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.