Google Docs won't open after updating to latest Brave version

After updating to the latest version of Brave yesterday, I can no longer open Google Docs. I am running the latest version of Catalina.

I get the error message:

This page isn’t working

accounts.google.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Hi @WordCrisper,
Can you go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData , and clear your cookies and site data, does that help?

1 Like

Hello @Aa-ron,

I have the same problem… I try clear cookie and site data “all time period”.
The problem is still there.

What can I do?

Regards,
Pierre

@Pierre_A
Can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

Hello @Aa-ron,

With a new profile it works thanks. :+1:
And when I go back to my normal profile it works again. It’s weird…

What’s going on?

Pierre

@Pierre_A, there’s too many variables to say for sure what’s going on. But if you notice any changes or issues, or if you can’t open docs again, please let us know.

I am having the same issue I tried creating a second profile. I can open docs using the second profile, but still cannot open it on my first profile. I am also seeing the following error when I try to open Google Calendar, but if I refresh, it works. Very annoying.

" 400. That’s an error.

The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know."

At this point, I have to use Chrome to open Google Docs and Sheets. I really don’t want to have to finish setting up a new Brave profile. Is there any way to get my original profile to work with these sites? Or can I revert back to the previous version of Brave?

Thanks!

@sahmcolorado,
Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.