Google Docs not workling on Brave

No google extensions here.

1 Like

I was encountering the same thing as everyone else. I went to settings to mess with settings to see if I could change something. I turned off the setting for “Use hardware acceleration when available” and then when I click the button to “re-launch” the browser to push the setting change I am able to access the google sheet upon relaunch, but i cannot open any other google document…but if I load them up and then hit re-launch it loads fine…not sure how much this will help to identify the issue but i found it to be odd

1 Like

I logged out, deleted all site data for *.google.com.

I accessed a google Doc that doesn’t require login, got a different error this time.
docs

Then I logged in to google again, and my files are still getting the 1st error shown here (“Unable to load file”). No google extensions installed.

1 Like

Can y’all sign into the Google account using a Private window (Ctrl+Alt+N) and see if the issue still occurs?

1 Like

I did some more setting changes and found that by turning off my Meta Mask browser extension then the issue is resolved. I have had weird conflicts with Meta Mask and the Brave wallet before. Not sure if that is the issue. If you have Meta Mask installed then try turning it off

6 Likes

Yup, disabling MetaMask fixed it for me. What a strange interaction between them. Or is it to check which users are into crypto :slight_smile:

3 Likes

omg thank you brother so much!!
Now it works when i turned off MetaMask wallet

issue is resolved for me i hope it resolves for everyone else!

2 Likes

Damn Metamask! it worked with it turned off as well. But it will be a pain in the ass to work like that :joy:

1 Like

:point_up:t6:

Anyway for those with this issue, I’m not an expert here but you might want to try ditching Metamask completely and switching to Brave Wallet.

1 Like

Can confirm, a culprit here is the MetaMask plugin - on macOS; Brave version: Version 1.42.86 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)
; running a private window; and google service websites work fine.

Of note, the pvt window also disabled the Phantom Wallet app - either may be culprit.

1 Like

awesome! this tips really helpful, I was wondering why suddenly the sheets/docs not working, apparently it’s because of metamask

1 Like

We’re working on the Metamask extension issue, https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/14483 should resolve this.

5 Likes

thank you! that was it.

1 Like

Nice, tks. Please, let us know if they achieve solution.

I don’t want to turn off metamask to use google docs. If this continues, i’m gonna go back to Chrome, because it’s impossible to use to dif browsers at the same time…

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. I saw that someone turned off brave wallet and that worked for me. Setttings - wallet - default cryptocurrency wallet - none

2 Likes

Per this tweet: https://twitter.com/bravesampson/status/1555673172921417728?s=21&t=pNFkDq8fIn_Y68lZG-ZSCw

…I have been able to retain the Metamask extension by adjusting Brave’s “Wallet” settings “Default cryptocurrency wallet” to “None” (on macOS)

1 Like

Had same issue – works with private window (CTRL+ALT+N)

Sick of hearing people say “Turn off Metamask and covert to Brave Wallet” – thats not a fix, but rather a way to lose users.

2 Likes

Hey i also had this error. I used metamask. Disabling Metamask fixed everything. Thanks to everyone!

1 Like

Thanks all, we’ve just released a fix for this in the latest version - Brave.com/latest

1 Like

Thank you, After disabling MetaMask extension in Brave setting; Google Docs and Google Sheets started working again.