GeForce Experience Instant Replay recording pops up whenever an Brave Rewards Ad is clicked on

Hi there Brave Support Team and readers,

I hope all is well. I wanted to bring up this issue on your support page since I’ve been having trouble finding a post regarding this. I apologize if there is an ongoing post on this.

For some time now whenever I would click on a Brave Rewards ad on my windows desktop while Nvidia GeForce Experience’s “Instant Replay” feature is running (which is a screen recording service that is typically used to record game footage locally) I would get a notification from GeForce Experience saying, “Turn off Instant Replay to use this feature”. I’ve always found this to be weird since this pop up never comes up and would think, “Brave says they’re not collecting any identifiable data, what could be going on here? Are they recording my screen or taking screenshots? Why are these two programs interacting with one another this way?” From some old threads I found on reddit some time ago I read that this is a Nvidia issue but I couldn’t find a fix. Could you elaborate on what could be going on here, and if this is something that Brave can fix?

Here is a link to a video of this occurring. Please let me know if this is accessible: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UZ-eOd71r3O55Z0Sq3Q-kZCmOqLbnIV5/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if any additional info is needed regarding this.

Thanks,

1 Like

@JR159,
Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your detailed report.
This is likely due to a known, yet (usually) harmless issue, where certain graphics systems interpret Brave as a “game” that is being run.

Let me reach out to some devs and see if there is a way to disable this type of detection. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.