Full Screen Video Playback Obstructed On Some Sites

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When playing videos in full screen on some sites the browser itself overlays the left half of the screen in landscape, blocking the content.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to weather.com and navigate to their video section. For example https://weather.com/news/trending/video/lenticular-cloud-sparks-curiosity
  2. Press the full screen button on the bottom right corner of the video. When it goes full screen rotate your device into landscape (with rotation enabled of course so it actually turns).

Expected result:
The video is supposed to be full screen without the browser page sitting on top of it.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Android 8.0.0 Oreo, Brave version 1.5.6 Chromium 80.0.3987.99
It’s been a problem for months now.

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S8+ Android 8.0.0 Oreo.

Additional Information:
The videos on weather.com are the easiest example I can give for this.

Edit: I forgot to mention that sometimes you have to let the video play in full screen landscape for a few seconds before it happens. And no, it’s not because I had s lot of tabs open. Here’s another screenshot of it happening on a different video with that page being the only open tab.

Hi,

I tested this on my OP6 (using Android 10) I did also test on a spare Andoid 8.1 device, the full screen option seems to be okay from the video selected.

I may have forgotten to mention that it only happens in desktop view mode. My apology.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.