(Fixed) Brave isnt working with hianime

**Description of the issue:**brave browser does not support our player. Please try with other browser such as Chrome or firefox . It worked perfectly fine before the new update but now its not

How can this issue be reproduced?

1 .Go to hi.anime.to
2 .Stream on HD-1 or HD-2

**Expected result:**It should show the brave browser does not support our player message

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.69.160

Additional Information:

2 Likes

@IAMBETTER it works with no issues. That said, you put hi.anime.to which is wrong, it’s hianime.to. If you somehow have the fake domain working, then might be something to look into.

But otherwise it’s likely an extension you’re using, some custom content filter you’ve added, Shields settings ( or cookies needing cleared. But I tested both on iPhone and Desktop, both work with no issues.

Desktop (Windows)

iPhone

i made a tying mistake i mean to say hianime.to , i dont have any extension and i have cleared the cookies but still it wont work .

I’m having the same issue as OP on W10 desktop. I literally watched on there the other day with no issue. Did not change anything at all and now all the sudden it doesn’t work. Cleared out everything for the site as well and I get the same thing still.

@IAMBETTER @illegalmonkey I would ensure that you’re using the latest build of the browser (1.69.162 at the time of writing this) and that none of the Brave Shields components (in brave://components) are fully updated.

Site works fine for me on macOS and Windows systems. You two can also test and see if the site runs with Brave’s Shields down.

1 Like

Yup, both Brave shields and any other ad blocker(s) I have are fully off on that site. Running latest version as you noted, 1.69.162. Still no go.

Older version would probably be better since it obviously worked just last week but I don’t know how to go about getting that and also stopping it from being auto-updated.

Can you try launching a Guest Profile (Menu --> More tools --> Guest profile) and tell me if you get the same results there?

1 Like

Using a guest profile as you noted DOES work! So what’s that say about my baseline Brave that I’m using?

@illegalmonkey,
Yeah means that something is “stuck” in your original profile. Can you please try disabling any extensions you have installed and see if this makes any difference? Additionally, earlier you said

In what way exactly did you clear site data?

Disabled all extensions with no change. As for what I cleared out before. I went to Settings → Privacy and Security → Site and Shield Settings and cleared everything pertaining to H!anime, but it had no effect.

It may be redundant but can you please try visiting the site, turning Shields on for the site, then clicking the "tune’ icon on the left side of the address bar, then Site settings:

Then click both Delete data and Reset permissions on the next page. Refresh the page and check to see if this makes any difference.

Wow, this makes no sense to me but I went there, turned ON Brave Shields(didn’t change any settings either) and it started working instantly… smh. Thank you for all your help… lol

1 Like

@illegalmonkey,
You’re very welcome — it could be the Shields were actually blocking a tracker or some other element on the page that was detecting your browser and subsequently blocking the sites video player from streaming. Enabling Shields blocked that element and now the site works as intended.

Either way glad you’re back in business!

1 Like

hello all, I am not sure if I should seek help here or in a post of my own so sorry if I shouldn’t be doing this here but I’ve tried all the fixes in the post and nothing seems to work. Especially the guest account, that flat out doesn’t work and i’m just curious what’s the difference between my brave and illegal’s, i have the same exact issue as OP’s but my brave is at version 1.69.162. Although I have noticed in mattches post of checking brave components i do seem to have an update error on both Brave Ad Block Resources Library & OnDeviceHeadSuggest and they just refuse to update, i’m thinking this may be the issue? I will try researching on how to update them and will edit my post if i find anything, thanks.

EDIT: SEP 11th, i have found a fix, all i had to do with reinstall brave and that seemed to fix my components which fixed the website for me, im assuming the components were the issue, hopefully this post can be useful to someone else later.

1 Like