Extensions Becoming Unresponsive

Description of the issue: At seemingly random times, various extensions will stop functioning – they won’t be doing what’s intended, and I can’t even right-click on them to press “Manage Extension” and see the popup.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Download an extension – EX: Stylus, UBlock Origin
  2. Wait?? Randomly?? For the applied styles or adblock to stop working.
  3. Try to right click the addon and notice that it’s just completely unresponsive: no functionality or context menus.

Expected result: Extensions work normally unless disabled by user.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.50.121 Chromium: 112.0.5615.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Not sure how to reproduce consistently but hoping someone else has a similar problem/idea for a solution. Thanks!

@royalblock if it’s indeed extensions, you’ll, likely need to test to figure out which one is causing your problems. Then it will likely be the developer for that extension that would need to work on a fix. I’m not sure how many extensions you have, but might just need to try to disable them all. Then turn them on one at a time and see if any issue. Just go through that until you find the particular extension or combination of extensions.

In terms of Brave, I know you could also just try on a new browser profile as a test. I also know can try changing toggles on Shields or even clear cookies/cache. But most likely it’s going to be everything listed in the first paragraph that will yield results and point to the fault.

Oh, and also want to ask, which OS are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.