Cumulative Topic: Android VPN unable to see subscription

Starting to see people with this issue and wanted to try to combine to make it easier to track. Tagging @Mattches and @steeven to have on their radar, in hopes they get primary issue resolved, which is fixing issue for people to have subscription recognized on Android and to make sure people get the buttons to restore purchases.

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

I have paid one year subscription on 3rd of April 2024 via google play store. VPN was working fine for a few weeks and then it has stopped. Now everytime I try to turn on VPN, it redirects me to Brave’s subscription page which doesn’t allow me to click on anything.

I have reinstalled Brave’s app few times with no result.

1 Like

Please provide us with the following information

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc):
Samsung S21FE

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ):

ONE UI 6.0
Detailed description of the behavior:

I subscribed to the brave vpn option, and I am no longer able to use it. When I try to, it takes me to the purchase page but the prices keep loading and there’s no option to select that I already have the VPN subscription. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that has not fixed the issue. I’ve tried with wifi and mobile data and there is no change. My subscription shows active until May 11th. I’m not sure what to try at this point.

1 Like

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc): Galaxy S22

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ): Android Version 14

I purchased a VPN subscription through the play store with an annual plan and was able to immediately link the subscription. After a few weeks I noticed the VPN was not enabled. I tried to enabled the VPN and got a message stating my subscription was no longer active.

Now when I try to enable the VPN I get taken to the purchase screen. If I click on “Manage Subscription” it shows an active subscription through the Play Store. If I log into my account no active plans are shown.

My Brave browser is up to date and I have tried resetting configurations.

2 Likes

@frankensteiner,
This is a known issue we’re addressing presently. If you submit a ticket to us on our support form, we can help you get this resolved. Please submit a ticket and come back here and respond with the ticket number you’re given so I can pass it along for review.

Thank you

Ticket number is 258567
I am also facing the same issue.

My ticket number is 258660. Thanks for your help!

Hi, same problem. My ticket number is 258850.

HI, I have the same issue and I have submitted.as you have suggested but did not receive any ticket number. WHere do I get ticket number? I checked my emails and junk folder too.

Samsung Galaxy A53

Android 14

One UI 6.0

I went to use the VPN a few days ago and it won’t log in. It will not get passed this screen. I cleared everything, force stopped the app, deleted the VPN settings on my phone, but it’s still stuck.

1 Like

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc):
S23ultra

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ):
Latest

I already have a subscription and i keep geting the page to subscribe

1 Like

Samsung S7 Tablet

Android 13

I paid for vpn and abo is valid until 09/24 but brave says i haven’t and wants me to pay again.
How can i restore my abo?

I can not enable my VPN after paying monthly subscription on my android.

1 Like

@Ndovu,
Thank you for reaching out.
Please submit a support ticket with us here and we’ll be happy to assist you:

Same situation for me, but I have the anual subscription. Has this been remedied?

Même problème ici avec un abonnement annuel payé le 11 octobre 2023 et depuis 4 jours, je n’ai plus accès au VPN de Brave.
Le paiement de l’abonnement c’est fait via le Play store de mon téléphone. J’ai reçu à l’époque un mail de confirmation de paiement pour 1 an. Dans le.mail, il y a une référence mais ne correspond pas au numéro d’abonnement… Comment faire pour envoyer un ticket si la référence dans le mail ne correspond pas au numéro d’abonnement VPN?

@Saoiray @steeven

I am currently having the same issue. When I log into my brave account, it says I don’t have active subscriptions,

However my Google play and my bank account show active and a posted payment.

I purchased the subscription on my phone.
Any help?

Tried to download the VPN. It wouldn’t download and now every time I try to activate it, it just wants me to subscribe to it again. When I click subscribe again, it says I’m already subscribed to VPN and goes back to main menu and still won’t let me download it

This is my ticket number 259041

@Izzymtz @Brycen @domtasc thanks for following up, this should now be resolved. Is it now working as expected for you?