Clear Cookies and Other Site Data in Exit Using Android Brave Browser

One of the best privacy features in the desktop edition of brave browser nightly is ability to clear cookies and other site data when exiting Brave Browser.

Is this feature available on the Android version of Brave Browser Nightly? If not, what is the most efficient way to clear all cookies and other site data using Brave Browser Nightly on Android?

Any information you provide will be appreciated immensely.

Thank you.

1 Like

There is an option to clear all browsing data on exit.

SettingsBrave shields & privacyClear data on exit.

Also, there is an open feature request on Github for the possibility to choose which browsing data you would like to clear on exit.

I wonder what happens in this scenario. Dr. Fauci wrote to me off-the-record, stating he does not know what would happen. I have no reason to doubt him, so I bring the question to you.

##################################################
#################### SCENARIO START ##############

• Imagine a point in time, such as early 2021, when clearing data on exit is not supported on Brave for ANDROID.

• Android and macOS running Brave Nightly and both on a sync chain, with no other devices, with sync data preferences set to sync everything, including settings. Clearing data on exit is enabled on macOS for

… Cookies and other site data
… Cached images and files

Clearing data on exit is NOT enabled on macOS for

… passwords

#################### SCENARIO END #################

In this scenario, what would happen to passwords saved in Brave Nightly?

PARTIAL ANSWER: My sources indicate this exact scenario was in effect for devices under my exclusive control, for the first few months of 2021. Data captured during that time frame shows that data was cleared-on-exit as expected on Brave Nightly macOS (i.e., cookies and cached files, passwords untouched).

Unfortunately, data captured from Android during the same time frame was donated to COVID, in hopes of stemming the retardation crippling global information flow - a silly gesture, because now data to see what Android Brave Nightly did during that time frame is unavailable at my location.(1) Bottom line: it appears but cannot be proven that Brave Nightly on ANDROID IGNORED THE SETTINGS affiliated with clear-data-on-exit, because Brave Nightly on Android was unable to clear-data-on-exit.

There is more…

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN if next,

######## ALTERCATIONS TO SCENARIO START ############

• By popular demand, Brave Nightly implements on ANDROID a new feature, to clear-data-on-exit in preliminary/prototype™ form?

For purposes of this inquiry, preliminary/prototype™ means clearing data on exit is added to Brave Nightly for Android as an all-or-nothing deal. Users can enable clearing data on Android Brave Nightly. but when they do, ALL site data is cleared, including passwords.

######## ALTERCATIONS TO SCENARIO END ############

QUESTIONS BASED ON THE SCENARIO ALTERCATED PER ABOVE

COULD ADDING clear-data-on-exit TO BRAVE NIGHTLY ANDROID CHANGE?

• The effect of sync’ing settings?

• In the context of SYNC, could settings on macOS Brave Nightly possibly be interprotated by Android Brave Nightly as giving it a mandate to clear-data-on-exit the only way Android Brave Nightly knows how?

What would happen then?

Would Brave Nightly Android clear all data, including passwords, the next time it exited? If so,

The next time ANDROID Brave Nightly started, would sync then update other devices on the sync chain with the most recent password data? If so,

Would the most recent password data be the empty list of passwords on Android Brave Nightly?

Given all the ridiculous, unimaginable effects COVID has had on so many people and animals, could a nightmare scenario of lost passwords someday become a reality through this perverse form of updates and sync, before the coming era of Brave New World?

(1) The exact mechanics of data handling vis-a-vis Android Brave Nightly at my location was not precisely as described, but the net effect (i.e., uncertainty) is functionally equal. For instance, there is no actual record of donating data to Covid, but if such records did exist, or don’t exist, the result in the same either way and does not affect the scenario in a widespread way that would effect the overall result. It is just like 2020 election fraud, only the election was stolen and people who don’t see it are unable to recognize that the narrative they have been provided is distorted and constitutes proof of nothing except that commercial media is malicious.

(2) Text constituting this post was edited using non-browser-based technology, then placed into this post using copy/paste systems.

I should have posted this before anything else.

Thank you very much for showing where clear-data-on-exit appears in the settings for Brave Nightly on Android. Thank you also for the additional information you provided on pending upgrades to selecting subsets of the data for clearing, leaving the remaining subsets unaffected. Your answer was highly informative and relevant, more than I hoped for. This earned you a spot on my list of Everyday Heros. Seriously, very awesome. Thank you very much.

:grinning: :+1: :clap: :man_dancing: :woman_cartwheeling: :watermelon: :tangerine: :grapes: :hamburger: :fries: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :pie: :wine_glass: :cup_with_straw: :sunrise_over_mountains: :hindu_temple: :helicopter: :parachute:

Until developers implement the possibility to choose which browsing data to clear on exit, Clear data on exit will clear all browsing data but Site and Shields Settings. If you’re using Brave Sync, I believe it would be the best not to use Clear data on exit for now.

This is my workaround.

Two devices in sync chain:

DEVICE 1 - macOS desktop Brave Nightly
DEVICE 2 - Android Brave Nightly

On device 1, Clear data on exit is enabled
Sync data preferences: Sync everything except settings

On device 2, Clear data on exit is disabled.
Sync data preferences: Sync everything except settings

So far so good

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.