Can't Open Juno Mail While Using Brave

Recently my Brave browser stopped opening files on the Juno email website. There is no functionality when selecting any of the buttons. I’m using Version 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (64-bit). When I use the Chrome browser everything works. Could Juno be working with Google to prevent privacy-based browsers from functioning on their website? I hate using Chrome so I hope there’s a solution to this problem.

Why so old? Are you using an OS that is no longer supported? The current version is Brave is 1.58 or newer overall. (1.57.1 for iOS)

Have you checked your Shields settings? Like are you doing Block Scripts or anything which might prevent the site from working properly?

Do you have any extensions? If so, try on Private or try to create a new browser profile to see if it works fine there.

I am having the same problem.

@usscgn9,
To assist you, we need more information — like what OS you’re using as well as what Brave version, what the exact behavior is, any extensions installed, etc.

I am able to get into Juno but I am not able to access my inbox or any other folder. When I click on a folder nothing happens. This began happening suddenly about a month or two ago to both my wife and my Juno accounts.

Please note: message attached

@usscgn9,
You appear to be sharing the Brave version of your Android installation, not the desktop version. Can you please go to Settings --> About Brave and tell me what Brave version you’re using on Desktop?

Additionally, can you please open a Private browsing window (Ctrl + Shift + P or Main Menu --> New Private Window) and tell me if you’re able login and use Juno in the Private window?

Thank you

Version 1.59.124 Chromium: 118.0.5993.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)
In a private browsing window it does the same thing. I can get into Juno, but cannot access any folders.

@usscgn9,
Does disabling Shields (lion icon in the address bar) have any effect?

Yes, disabling Shields allows me to open the folders in Juno. Why would this happen?

Good to know. Basically what this means is that one of the protections Brave’s Shields provides you with is conflicting with some functionality in Juno. Can you please do the following:

1. Turn Shields back “on” for Juno.com
  2. Check and confirm that the issue persists and you cannot access your folders
  3. Refresh the page, then go to Main menu --> More tools --> Developer tools
  4. Click on the Console tab in the developer tools window
  5. Now try to access one of your folders in Juno
  6. When it fails, please copy/paste any output that appears in the Console window here in this thread (you can also take a screenshot of the console window if that is easier)

This will hopefully allow us to see what exactly is going on when Shields are up and you attempt to access those folders.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

cookiejar.js:1

adServing.js:1

Global-n.js?v=14466:1158 Uncaught ReferenceError: cookiejar is not defined
at getFlashCookie (Global-n.js?v=14466:1158:2)
at addCsrf (Global-n.js?v=14466:1297:24)
at Object.sendRequest (jUtils.js?v=19778:396:7)
at 6?session_redirect=true&count=1698345522&ajaxSupported=2&type=no%2Dmagic&count=1391182786&count=1381405918&cf=SP2&randid=1684926304:1111:23

1 Like

Thank you — I will have the team take a look at this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.