Can't import Password

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

Can’t import Passwords there’s no option to do thatಠ︵ಠ

Android 11 S21 Ultra

Hey Kartik45,

When you say that you can’t import passwords, do you mean between browsers on mobile devices, or between your Brave browsers on multiple devices, I.e. sending your bookmarks between your mobile device(s) and your desktop/laptop?

So I used chrome but the ads were getting annoying so I tried Brave On MOBILE. And I want to switch completely to brave so first thing I did was exported passwords on chrome mobile and opened brave and opened password section and there is no option to import Passwords so what should I do? I want to have all the password exported from to Brave On MOBILE.:slightly_smiling_face:

Well, there is are a few somewhat roundabout ways to get your passwords onto your mobile browser. This is the easiest way:

If you’ve connected your account on Google Chrome to a desktop device, you can import your passwords from Chrome desktop to Brave on desktop. After that, you can sync your accounts by following the steps here: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021218111-How-do-I-set-up-Sync-

However, if you want to snyc passwords between just your mobile browsers, there is no such feature on mobile devices between any browser, as none can import/export passwords.

Okay but can you sync passwords that are connected to sync future like I have my pc and my phone conected to brave sync? (btw. You can import/export password on chrome for Android)

And how can I import Passwords using a csv file on pc?

Ah, my mistake. It’s been some time since I used Chrome, so I don’t quite recall.

For importing passwords, go to brave://settings/passwords, click on the button across from Saved Passwords, and you should be able to import them through there.

For PC?‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

What about this Can't import Password - #6 by Kartik45

The steps I gave you are relatively the same on both mac and PC. Can you confirm that you tried them? As long as you export your passwords from Chrome, Brave should be able to import them.

Hi! I’m also having trouble importing passwords. We have an iMac with two user accounts (one for the parents, one for the kids) and we have Dissenter installed on both. However, we had to have a new hard drive installed so I’m setting up afresh. I have had no issue in the past with exporting and importing saved passwords, and it even went perfectly smoothly on the parent account. However, when I clicked “Import” on our children’s version of Dissenter and chose the CSV file I have exported, nothing happened. No error, no population of information. I’ve tried quitting and restarting Dissenter, restarting the computer, exporting a new file, checking the file for errors, etc. Still nothing. Please help! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @Turleys, Welcome to Community!
Can you confirm, are you trying to import a CSV file form Brave to Dissenter?

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. :+1:t3: And thanks for your help!

Well, I exported our passwords from Dissenter on our laptop, (the file was auto named “Chrome Passwords.csv”), AirDropped that file to our iMac, then tried importing into Dissenter there. (Customize > Browser Settings > Autofill > Passwords > Import). And while this exact same process went seamlessly before (even the other user account on this same computer!), I can’t get it to work this time.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for clarifying. So it sounds like you’re referring to Dissenter browser.
This forum is for Brave browser issues. Unfortunately, we can’t provide support for another browser.

Ah, I’m sorry I didn’t notice that. There’s a place inside of Dissenter that says “get help”, and that links here, I guess because Dissenter was built on a starting point of Brave. I just didn’t notice the transition. Thanks for your kind help though! Have a great day!

Hello, I have Brave browser on my pc and my iPhone. I have enabled sync between them and selected both bookmarks and passwords. My bookmarks work seamlessly across the de vices (thank you!). However, I cannot find my passwords on the mobile app not do the passwords autocomplete any of the logins. So I am stuck not knowing where to find/access the synced passwords. Please advise. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.