Description of the issue:
Google translate keeps insisting on translating a website I’m visiting, stylevana (a skincare shop), and I can’t seen to shut it off, no matter how hard I try. It doesn’t do this on other websites I visit, or at least, I haven’t come across them/I don’t remember them.
Steps to Reproduce.
- I’ve tried turning the automatic translation in settings off, it was already off.
- I’ve stopped the extention of google translate, didn’t work, I removed it, didn’t work.
- I’ve noticed in the url there was a html?googtrans=nl thing, removed the googltrans=nl part and hit enter, didn’t help either. It seemed like it just took longer to load.
- Updated Brave to it’s latest version. Didn’t work.
- I’ve clicked on the downwards ^ and ticked the, don’t translate on this website option. (Didn’t do it either.)
- Brave is now in English, I thought maybe it’ll now translate to English. (It didn’t, still Dutch.)
‘English (United Kingdom)
This language is used when translating pages
This language is used to display the Brave UI’
I expected the automatic translation to stop by now.
Reproduces how often:
Every time I click on something on that website it translates again, not immediately, after a second or so.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave is up to date
Version 1.29.76 Chromium: 93.0.4577.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Chrome works fine (on not translating the stylevana website). Brave on mobile phone works fine too. I’ve used stylevana before (with Brave on pc) but this wasn’t an issue before. Don’t know what changed. I would prefer to use Brave. (I installed Chrome for times when Brave isn’t working.)