Cannot sync or view passwords because Brave doesn't recognize screen lock on Chrome OS

Description of the issue:
I have password and PIN enabled for logging into the chromebook and to access it after awakening it from sleep. However Brave Browser installed through the Google Play Store appears to think that my device is not protected by a screenlock/PIN.

Brave Web Browser (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brave.browser ) allows you to view the stored passwords and copy them. However, when I try to do the same in my chromebook, it says “to view passwords, first set a screen lock on the device”. If I try to export passwords, it says “Turn on screen lock in Settings, to export passwords from this device”

As I mentioned earlier, the chromebook has screen lock through password or PIN turned on. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Install Brave Web Browser Android App on any Chromebook
  2. Try to view the saved passwords through Settings → Passwords → Click on a saved password of any website
  3. Click the ‘eye’ button to view the password

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Message saying “to view passwords, first set a screen lock on the device”

Reproduces how often:
Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Chrome OS Version 123.0.6312.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave 1.65.114, Chromium 124.0.6367.60
Android 11; Build/R123-15786.58.0

Additional Information:
This has been written up many times in the last 3 years, no answer has been provided. Please fix this!

I have this same problem. I wish someone would look at it.