Bug Report - Mobile - Widgets not working on Android phone after update to Version 1.66.110

Description of the issue:
Widgets on home screen do not load or show images and instead display “Can’t load widget” text.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I updated to the latest version of Brave Browser for Android.
  2. Widgets change appearance and could not be used.
  3. Tapped and held on screen to bring up Widget options to see if any others would work.
  4. Only two of the five Widgets are displaying correctly; however, none of them are working correctly. Tapping on them does not bring up search bar or bookmarks.

Expected result: It should show and let me use the Brave search bar, bookmarks, and/or Dino, but it is currently inoperable.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.66.110

Mobile Device details:
Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (XT2131DL)
Android version 12

Additional Information: The widgets were working prior to me updating to the latest version. I’ve attached a screenshot of what the adding a widget screen currently looks like.

@IncaRabbit,
Thank you for reaching out.
I wonder if it is specific to the device you’re on because on my end the widgets seem to be working just fine. I’ve reached out to the Android team about this.

That thought crossed my mind as well since I wasn’t finding anyone else experiencing the same issue. Thank you for passing this along to the team.

The widgets somehow fixed themselves. I’m not sure what did it because I haven’t done anything on my end, no updating or restarting. :sweat_smile: So while I can’t say what the solution is, this bug is resolved and can be closed out.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. Don’t hesitate to reach out again if you have any other questions or concerns.