Browser Crash when double clicking on the close tab button

Description of the issue: The Browser Crashes when double-clicking the close tab button.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open up Brave with ~238 tabs across 6 windows (most of the tabs can be sleeping with ‘The Great Suspender’
  2. Close a tab, but when doing so double-click
  3. … experience Brave crashing

Expected result: Just one tab would close and the other tab would be selected or ‘accidentally close’

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision a81aa729a8e1fd413943a339393c82e7b8055ddc-refs/branch-heads/4183@{#1864}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 1909 (Build 18363.1082)

Additional Information:
Sorry for if this is a duplicate I tried to find this but couldn’t find it quickly.

i think the interesting part that it hold to those 238 opened tabs :slight_smile:

@MetroidSnacks,
Welcome to the Community – also love your user name :slight_smile:

So I have to agree w/@justsomeone1 – that is a lot of tabs. Additionally, you’re using an extension that handles/manages tabs and it’s highly likely that the extension itself is part of the problem.

Unfortunately the easiest way for you to test this is to simply disable the extension, open up a menagerie of tabs the way you’ve been doing, then attempt to double-click/close a tab and see if the issue reproduces.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.