Brave turns itself off when I scroll down on Brave News

Just a moment ago, while scrolling down on Brave News, an option called ‘upload new contents’ appeared at the top (this is the first time I’ve encountered this option). When I pressed this, Brave turned itself off. When I re-entered Brave, I scrolled down the news again, and every time I scrolled down, Brave started to turn itself off. Every time I reopen Brave, it closes in previous tabs and the ‘restore tabs’ option appears. What should I do? I can delete and reinstall Brave but I don’t know how to transfer my BAT tokens. I would be glad if you help.

The browser is in the current version.

Edit: I’m facing the same issue when I just checked it on my phone. When i scroll down on Brave news, the app closes. I guess this must be a general issue.

1 Like

Same here. It started today on my 2 devices.

EDIT: I don’t have the “upload new contents” option above. It just shuts off when I scroll down. I’m running 1.39.111 and couldn’t any newer version on the update tab.

1 Like

Oh, thanks. Fortunately, the problem isn’t just me, it seems to be a general problem.

Same here.

Brave suddenly crashes after scrolling News since this morning.

It’s happening on Release and Beta.

Reinstalled the program but the problem persists.

2 Likes

I guess it will be fixed soon then

same thing is happening with both my android phone and windows pc. As soon as i scroll down brave news a little further it crashes @steeven help please

1 Like

It happens on every device, at least we understood that it is a general problem.

+1. Was the browser updated today? The issue started happening just a few hours ago.

1 Like

same. started a few hours ago

Same for me. Juste after exactly 14 page-downs in Brave News.

1 Like

just now i faced this while scrolling on brave news

2 Likes

I don’t think the problem is caused by this but after doing this, this problem started, it’s most likely a coincidence. So that’s not an important detail.

Thanks everyone for reporting. Reaching out to the team know to see if this is known or not. Will reply back here when I have more information. For anyone here reporting, it would be helpful to know:

• What OS you’re using when you see this issue (iOS or Android)?
  • What OS version you’re using
  • What Brave version you’re using
  • What type of device this is occurring on

Additionally, I do see an issue on our Github regarding Brave News crashing — it would be helpful to know if this matches the description of what everyone is seeing when the browser crashes:

Thank you

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly what page-downs mean, but I was able to scroll down 50+ ad rows before getting crashed. One thing I noticed since the issue started is that there’s an ad on the home page about Brave Talk, I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

• Windows 10

• Laptop

• The video on GitHub depicts the issue I’m facing (Brave just plain disappearing from the screen while scrolling down the news).

1 Like

Hi everyone

I happened to me today on Brave Nightly, Android 11; Fortunately it has gone by itself.
But the problem persists on my laptop, Windows 11, latest Brave.

PS1.
Seems to work for laptop. After cleaning browser, unchecking all news, disabling news, restarting, F5, checked news and enabled them again. May be due to something else?

PS2.
Android is still problematic, so I did the same as above for laptop. It works for now. The claim button appeared also!

1 Like

-Windows 10
-Desktop

and

-Android 12
-Smart Phone

Brave closes after I scroll 20-30 news on both my devices. It also closes on all tabs.
When I reopen it, the ‘restore tabs’ option appears.

While scrolling through the news on my pc, a blue bar appeared at the top saying ‘see new contents’ and this problem started after I pressed it. I’m not sure if that’s what caused it. Because everyone has this problem. I think it’s a coincidence.

It looks like the issue I linked is likely the cause — we are rolling back some recent changes to News that should resolve this issue. Work on this is in progress presently.

1 Like

Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Linux Manjaro

Laptop

as well as

Version 1.39.111

Windows 10

Desktop computer

1 Like
  • Windows 7
  • Version 6.1 build 7601 SP1
  • Brave 1.39.111
  • Desktop PC

and

• Windows 10
  • Version 21H1 build 19043.1706
  • Brave 1.39.111
  • Laptop

The Github video matches the crash I’m having.
BTW, Brave is updating right now but I didn’t restart it to check again.

1 Like