Brave Search Question

I forgot to tell you my OS. It is IOS 14.5 on my Iphone XR. Again, my question boils down to: How do I continue to access the web-search page? Do I have to always return to the invitation email and go through the initiation process again each time? Or can I instead directly pull up the page on which I can enter my search terms?

I have the same issue as well using a Laptop running Linux. I have to go thru the email and go through the 4 welcoming next buttons. It doesn’t take forever, but it does take a little time to do every time.

@denicod,
Thank you for letting me know. To be clear, you should only have to verify once to use Search beta. I believe that bookmarking the page intentionally doesn’t work at this time, but you certainly shouldn’t have to reverify every time.

Can you confirm for me whether or not you are still encountering this issue?

@HighPriestess42 you’re still seeing this behavior? Can you tell me what Linux distro you’re using?

Linux Manjaro. I have yet to try restarting the browser/computer once more to see if having it bookmakred if i will have to re try the verification once more. But I noticed it this morning after rebooting, I had to re verify already, and I had did that yesterday.

This is what shows after I restarted computer. It comes up when I try clicking the Brave Search bookmark, however, when I re open the link in the email, it now does not have me re do the 4 next introductions. So it is now faster. But is it supposed to be only accessed thru using the email link everytime?

@HighPriestess42,
No you should not have to do this every time. Let me reach out to the team abou tthis

If it is of any help:
Version 1.24.85 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

I know I am a version behind, but Manjaro really lags on updates, sometimes its quick, other times weeks. I guess they delay updates for potential mishaps. So idk if this has anything to merit or not.

@HighPriestess42,
Thanks for confirming. I don’t think the version is the issue but it’s not out of the range of possibilities. I’m curious if you have any extensions installed at this time – namely any extensions that concern/handle browsing data in any capacity?

Also, can you confirm whether or not you have data set to be cleared “on exit”?

You know, I bet its the data set to be cleared that might be the problem then. I believe it is set up like that because any search history is gone and I have to re type passwords after closing browser. I do not even know how to find that option anymore as I was looking for it earlier because I would like my mobile device to be like that too.

@HighPriestess42,
This setting can be found in your browser by going to Menu → History → Clear browsing data, then selecting the On exit tab:

1 Like

Tried it just now. Had to go to the invite email to get the link. It said it had expired. Re-entered email, got a message with a new link. Clicked, re-verified, got the search screen, and successfully searched. Same Q as before, though: How do I get back to that search page later on? I tried to bookmark to home screen, but it says credentials have expired. Back to original email to get a new invite each time?

Don’t know how to clear data “on exit” on iphone. It lets me clear data and search history under “Safari” category. Can’t find analogue for Brave. Can’t find any reference to “on exit.”

I have a feeling I’m missing something very obvious and elrmentary.

Just add the search engine as default in browser, it’s not listed so you have to type it into find and it should come up and ask to set as default

Thanks @Mattches . I knew it was like hard to get to this option. How I found it when I first set up Brave is beyond me. But I will try to find the setting on my mobile.

Windows 8 on the computer i used to WFH. I can test on Windows 10.

It gives the message and there is no way I can do anything.

Windows 10 worked fine.

It had to reset a new link to get started.

Windows 8 on the computer i used to WFH. I can test on Windows 10.

It gives the message and there is no way I can do anything.

Mattches, I’m having the same issue (as HighPriestess42) getting a Oops page and have to type my email and then and only then I can access Brave Search. I checked my settings and nothing is checked to clear when exiting. I do have 1 extension IPFS Companion.

Any suggestions?
RALee

Thanks. That worked for regular tab. But there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent way to set Brave as the default search engine in Private Tab.

Managed to set up Brave as my iphone search engine in the Brave browser. But it worked only for regular tab and not “Private Tab.”. Don’t see an equivalent way to enter the Brave search info to make it an available default selection for Private Tab.

@denicod,
This functionality is likely not available then yet. I believe you will be able to do this in the future but given that we are still in the Beta phase here, you can expect some features/options to be missing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.