Brave's search engine

Any word on Braves search engine, when can we expect to see it in beta?

1 Like

I received an invitation today to try Brave Search. All it did was go to a screen saying ā€œConfirming you access statusā€¦ā€ and it just sat there. Why do I have a feeling that Braveā€™s own shields are blocking access to its own search engine? :laughing:

@KoHoSo,
Theyā€™re not. If youā€™re having an issue, perhaps you can open a thread and let us know about it so we can get you squared away?

@structdjm ā€“ search beta is active now.

2 Likes

Itā€™s in the beta release now Mattches? I signed up awhile back but never heard back

@structdjm,
We had tons of signups and users are being excepted in waves. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Hello everyone to whom it concerns! I had received an invitation email from Brave to test out the search engine. I clicked the link and followed the trail until I got to the verification page which had a few parts to it.

Unfortunately, I got stuck at this part, in the SS.

I tried twice and sent an email to support which referred me to the community here.

I think you guys will fix this rather easily. Gl.

Still waiting for invite, obviously not happening in order of received signups as I signed immediately

Invite link is not working. Having similar problems as others in here.

Ditto, youā€™re not the only one.

For anyone having trouble with the invite link, we should have resolved the issue:

If you still canā€™t authenticate or access Search, please let me know.

Looks good to me, I just was able to access the link after reading this.

Also, are there going to be keywords that make search so useful, like define a d ā€˜near meā€™?

Because I canā€™t wait to get rid of Google out of my life forever, and those features keep me going back to them like a confused battered wife. Uhhgh, someone needs to do it so I can rid myself of them forever. I hope itā€™s some group brave who wonā€™t be corrupt.

Gl guys and gals.

Finally received my invite today, so far Iā€™m loving Brave search

1 Like

Did brave search will also give bat?

I didnā€™t receive any invitation
I had also registered for early access

1 Like

x2ā€¦ Donā€™t get any news whatsoever.

Just reporting in on Brave Search. Itā€™s been working well but today it couldnā€™t find stock quotes for NYSE or NASDAQ or stock quotes in general. I then tried to find Yahoo Finance for quotes and again the search was an unfound no go.

I received an email asking me to join the Brave search early access group on Discord. When I Tried to access it I ran into a problem. A dark page said ā€œSomethingā€™s Going on Hereā€. We detected something out of the ordinary going on. To continue using Discord, we will need you to verify your account. Verify by email or phone. I selected phone and it sent me a number which I entered and then it wanted a password. I am little concerned about giving a password when I donā€™t have an account activated yet. Is this the standard process for Discord?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.