Brave lost windows

New to Brave.

Had over 15 spinning/never loaded pages. Exited browser and restarted, didn’t save the page windows. What happened?

No idea what happened, but Brave sessions often end up not being saved. If you haven’t repeated closed and opened Brave, if may be possible to recover your session manually:
Navigate to the following folder BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Sessions Delete the latest version of the files found there (the penultimate version should be larger and contain the lost session).
Then simply relaunch Brave, and the lost session should be restored …hopefully.

In Brave-Browser there is not User Data directory.

There are two different BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser directories, by default one will be under Program Files, the other under [User]\AppData\Local. It’s this second one you want:
[User]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Sessions

Thanks I will try this out another time. The browser got closed and reopened, so now I know. Is there any way to have this information out there so that people can find it on a search rather than having to ask on a forum?

1 Like

That would be very nice, but all such useful documentation seems to be hidden in buried GitHub issues and Stack Exchange questions, which are far less well-indexed and accessible than the forum. I originally figured out where sessions are stored through trial and error, because I couldn’t find that info anywhere myself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.