Brave keeps crashing my internet

When I use Google or Safari, my internet doesn’t crash. It only crashes when I use the Brave browser. Suggestions? I’ve reset and cleared my VPN and I’ve even reset Brave browser setting back to factory settings. It still didn’t fix it.

@GhostLove,
When you say your “internet crashes”, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean that the browser itself crashes? Or does your internet connection go out/disconnect? Or something else?

I mean, the actual internet crashes. It only happens when I use Brave. It doesn’t happen when i used another browser (i.e., Safari, Chrome). I hope that answers your question. Do you have any advice? I’ve reset BRave to default settings also.

1 Like

Do you have IPFS (Companion) enabled in Brave? It’s known to cause router stability issues.

1 Like

Yes came back to mention IPFS as well, as I just learned about this myself actually. @GhostLove are you able to launch Brave and navigate long enough to disable IPFS Companion (if enabled)?

IPFS Companion is turned off. What other solutions can you think of?

Thank you too for y’alls assistance. IPFS Companion is turned off. What other solutions can you think of?

Same thing has just happened to my laptop. Chrome and MS Edge is fine. Brave is shutting down the internet.

Is this a wider issue affecting more people?

@Hugomax,
To be clear, the error you’re seeing in the screenshot you’ve shared is a timeout error. @GhostLove is this the same thing you’re seeing? If so, this is a simple timeout error, meaning that it is taking too long for the website you’re trying to reach to respond so eventually the browser stops trying.

However unless something else is going on here, I wouldn’t say it’s “shutting down your internet”. If you launch Brave, try to go to a site and get this error, then leave it open and launch another browser, you’ll see that you still have an active internet connection.

So @Hugomax can you please try:

• Disconnecting from any VPN you might have enabled
  • Launch Brave and create a new browser profile, close the old one, then try visiting a site in the new profile
  • Download Brave Beta (which will download, install and run separately without overwriting any existing Brave data) and try visiting sites in the Beta build

@GhostLove can you confirm whether or not you are seeing the same error when you use Brave?

@Mattches

Thank you for your response. Mine clearly kills the internet. It’s not a time out error. Kids can’t play their video games, S/O can’t play her games or browse the internet, etc. Like, it shuts everythinnd down and when it refreshes, it reconnects to the internet.

1 Like

@GhostLove,
Can you also try downloading the Beta build and tell me if you see the same behavior when you launch it?

Additionally, can you tell me what is set in brave://settings/security for the Select DNS provider setting?