Brave Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar is small

I have just performed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621. I downloaded and installed Brave Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit). After install I unpinned the Edge Browser icon from the taskbar and pinned Brave in it’s place. I ended up with a small icon that does not match the other taskbar icons in size. See the picture above.
It’s a minor issue, but if there’s a way to correct this I would be grateful for the communities help.

That’s interesting, as mine is exactly as it should be. I’m also using Windows 11 Pro, though mine had been upgraded from Windows 10 Pro rather than doing a clean install.

Photos 10_30_2022 18_52_17

As to modifying, I’d have to do searches. I’m wanting to say it would be in Regedit. I’m going to tag @JimB1 and see if he has any ideas what you’re dealing with. Also going to say you could try doing a manual install of Brave again to see if it might fix the issue. (you can apply the update on top of it rather than do a clean install)

1 Like

Not sure, my Windows systems are still on Win10, although I do have a work machine with 11 and I installed Brave on it – pinned it as you did – and did not have this issue.

I would maybe just unpin it and re-pin it, see if the issue goes away. Also, the way I pinned it was to start the browser first and then pin the running instance (as opposed to pinning it when it isn’t running); not sure if that makes any difference.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.