Brave filters for the English language

Brave 1.65.122 (Android)

Hi,

I’m having trouble setting up filter lists in my browser settings on Android.

I would like to add the following filters for English language:
- Easylist
- EasyPrivacy
- AdGuard Base
- AdGuard Mobile ads filter
- Peter Lowe’s ad and tracking server list

It is very strange that the list of filters of the Brave browser does not include the above-mentioned popular filters for the English language. Is it because these filters are already enabled by default? If so, which ones are already enabled? I wouldn’t like to add filters that are already enabled to avoid repetition.

Click and read my reply at Brave default filterlists - #2 by Saoiray

1 Like

So according to your answer, I only need to add two filters :

- AdGuard Base
- AdGuard Mobile ads filter

because the other three are already included.

That’s if you’re wanting to flip those on. The only content filters that I would enable that are not enabled by default would be uBlock Annoyances and Fanboy’s Annoyances.

With just those two enabled on top of the default lists you will almost never have any issues.

That said, I am not well-versed in everything so I do not want to act like I’m going to give you a definitive answer. I mean if I don’t fully understand it and know what each list does with 100% certainty, how would I be able to give you an accurate answer? But I do believe what you are saying is correct.

Let me tag in @fanboynz Who actually has created a lot of those filters and maintains Shields to see if he can provide answers and feedback.

1 Like

I don’t actually use either annoyance filters or cookie filters. For example, I disabled the cookie filter that was default enabled. Due to a cookie filter, a video on a news site was not playing. Many sites don’t work correctly until you accept cookies. I think Brave need to do like uBlock Origin, don’t enable the cookie filter by default.

We don’t support Adguard specific rules. But the rest is part of shields already (Easylist, Easyprivacy and Peter Lowes, also uBO filters)

1 Like