Brave deal with Google

We want that brave deal or contract with Google because you know it searches best sites and answer. And we are Google chrome user. If you want we come on brave browser you have to deal with Google and monetize Google search website.

2 Likes

Hi @prakalp,

I have read your request and being honest, I don’t understand what you require from the dev team. You can use the Google Search engine within Brave without any issues…

4 Likes

I have just shared my opinion on Google and brave and it’s nothing more…

1 Like

@Prakalp, can you please elaborate your opinion, because it’s still unclear?

3 Likes

I was just saying that when Google web search is going to monetize. I was using Google web search on brave browser that’s why brave BAT that are coming, I won’t able to claim it.

1 Like

@Prakalp,
Brave and Google do not (and likely will not) have any deals. You can use Google, Bing, or whatever search engine you’d like within Brave – this will not have any effect on your BAT, Brave Rewards, Ads or anything else.

6 Likes

But brave use Chromium :joy:

Yes, just like many other browsers in the meantime (e.g. soon or already Microsoft Edge). That doesn’t mean that you have anything to do with Google just because the “basic building block” is called Chromium.
Chromium is open source, you can always check the source code, and e.g. remove things if you don’t like it (e.g. sending data to Google).

If you have referred “But Brave use Chromium” to something else, please explain yourself in more detail :slight_smile:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

4 Likes

Correct but Google owns and sponsor most of the Chromium open source project, and Google is main voice with regards to changes and progress. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Meaning?

Yes, and Open Source means that you can change what you want and add new ones according to your own wishes.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Ok it’s fine but " I have ask in brave community that brave gifts BAT are coming but some error is coming and that software engineer answers me you are using Google web search that why" and you are saying that there is no effect means “there is bug in your browser” that why I won’t able to claim the BAT that are coming.

1 Like

Means I can design my own browser it’s so easy…

1 Like

If anyone else is concerned about Brave’s association with Google, please see the following document:

1 Like

What are u trying to say my friend. I just wanted Google service with BAT and brave browser. Excuse me Mr. Open bot mind your language. Or we will stop using Brave.

1 Like

I just did a sample translation (German to English) in Deep L – which was previously unknown to me – and it was better than Google Translate’s.

How are you finding it?

(I see that it appears to be plan-based (with a free trial) but I wasn’t prompted about that when I tried it.)

1 Like

Kind of two opposite sides of a coin :blush:

1 Like

Mr Prakalp, you need to contact Google to be added as Brave Creator :slight_smile: I think Google will not allow it to happen as their business is purely based on ads.

1 Like

That’s correct, but the reason why most browser creators are using Chromium is because they don’t want to re-invent the wheel. They just taking the browser engine and add their own stuff/modifications but the core is the same.

Google Chrome is main owner of this project and they are main voice with telling the team which works on Chromium where they should put their efforts with development.

1 Like

the reinvented part brave skipped in the beginning the only reason we now have it in our devices
at least from the looks of it things are getting better good stuff is happening

2 Likes

Being honest I dont understand such emotional response. I never stated that I’m expert but sometimes is good to listem other people and see what they want to say rather than using such veird passive aggression responses. Please use it somewhere else.

Anyway I hope that you will have wonderfull day and peace.

1 Like