Brave data sync

can the browser data sync like passwords, bookmarks extensions to cloud as same as chroome ,opera and firefox?

Brave Sync is in beta, but allow sync of bookmarks, at least. See https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021218111-How-do-I-set-up-Sync-

so now the sync must be between 2 devices hope it be via cloud by account to backup and restore the data easy and great work best browser i see for now

We only support syncing bookmarks right now but there’s definitely plans to add other types of data in the near future.

so now the sync must be between 2 devices hope it be via cloud by account to backup and restore the data easy and great work best browser i see for now

The main reason Brave doesn’t do this is due to privacy. With our implementation, users data is encrypted and stored, but Brave doesn’t have access to this data. Quick quote from the Sync Wiki:

It uses client-side encryption such that Brave’s servers cannot read your data, since they do not have access to the encryption keys. Sync is not designed for data backup; that is, if you delete Brave browser from all your devices, you will probably not be able to recover old browsing data.

It’s a bit outdated, but you can read the design wiki here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.