Brave browser leaving weird files on appdata local temp, it sizes 2mb all of them, cannot be deleted since brave browser is using it, any idea? some keylogger?

Description of the issue:

brave browser leaving weird files on appdata local temp, it sizes 2mb all of them, cannot be deleted since brave browser is using it, any idea? some keylogger?

is this some keylogger? is this normal? brave create those files after running it, leaves it open and cannot be deleted while using brave cause “brave browser is using it” is this some kind of RAT?, keylogger? or alike?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. download brave from official website
  2. run brave

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@fishyusername,
Not a keylogger or anything to worry about. Seems like temp data the browser needs for some reason – let me reach out to devs to get an exact answer as I don’t know off-hand exactly what these files are used for.

@fishyusername,
Further I don’t think you should delete these files in this way – if you want to clear up some space, do it from within the browser:

hello, please foward it to the security team in case of some suspicious behaviour, thank you for your answer

1 Like

@fishyusername,
Already done – thank you again for reporting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.