Brave Browser - Crashing while Printing a page

Browser is unresponsive (potentially crashing) because the printer is not reachable in the network

to reproduce the issue you technically need to have two different networks printers, let say home printer and office printer

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. In home network, Open any web page or PDF file in the brave browser, print the page using your local / home network printer
  2. the printer name saved in brave settings
  3. In Office network, try open any page to try print now, you see the home printer name and eventually the browser goes to unresponsive, we are unable to change the selection as well

Expected result: option to change printer, browser should not crash because it is not able to find / reach the last connected printer

Brave Version:
Version 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hello @sanjeevi84

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings one more time, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Let me know if that works and have a nice day!

I see the option Use hardware acceleration when available is ON

@sanjeevi84 yeah, they were saying to toggle it because that’s been something that causes issues for some people.

Beyond that, other thing would be to ask you to try to open a Private Windows or Guest Window and see if it can print with no issues. The next thing would be to create a new profile and see if it works or still crashes.

Most importantly though, if Brave is crashing then you should have some reports generated. If you can go to brave://crashes you should see some listed. Make sure they are submitted and then provide the Crash Report ID here so Support can look to see what the cause might have been. If there’s no crash reports there, then it means Brave isn’t crashing but instead something is force closing Brave.

NOTE
Most crashes tend to be related to extensions. The reason for trying private window and new profile is basically to test for this, as well as to rule out possible changes in your browser settings. That’s why we ask you to do that. So please do make sure to test both ways.

There is no difference in private window, the issue is the browser is not crashing, but going unresponsive indefinite. I should be able to change printer destination which i couldn’t

@sanjeevi84 Just needed to make sure. You put the title as Crashing while Printing a page. So despite your description saying something slightly different, wasn’t sure if it also ended up crashing, or what? So at least you answered that now.

If you test, is this not happening in Chrome or any other program/browser? Are all of your drivers updated?

Also, you mentioned not in private window, but what about new profile? If you have extensions, did you disable them as well?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.