Another reason for an option to "open link in new tab" (Brave News)

I’ve searched and found many complaints, going way back, of the lack of a Brave option to open a link in a new tab. Aside from opening links from search engines and websites, here’s a situation that’s really annoying me. I’m using Brave News on my new tab page. On my Macbook, I click on a story and it opens in the same tab. Ok. But when I’m done reading it and click the back button, it takes me back to the TOP of the news feed and I have to scroll down and find my place to continue on. It’s a long feed and sometimes I’m way down the list. On my iPhone, at least the back button takes me back to the same location I left in the news feed. My only recourse to open and view in new tab on the Macbook is to Shift-Command-Click or Command-Click and then click the new tab or do two finger tap on touchpad and select “open link in new tab” and then click the new tab… all of them a pain when you’re scrolling through lots of stories. And it’s often morning with a cup of coffee, I’m old, and I’m sitting back and don’t want to be performing all these extra clicks and such. You get it. I do like Brave News, by the way; selecting my sources and channels and just getting away from Google News.

I’m confused. I’m assuming this is restricted to Macs, because I have “Open link in new tab” in my context menu in Brave. I don’t remember it ever NOT being there. But, you can do the same thing by holding Ctrl (on Windows) while clicking a link, so try the Mac equivalent and see if that works. I think it’s Cmd on a Mac, idk 'cause I hate Apple with every fiber of my being. But try holding Cmd while clicking a link, or whatever Mac’s Ctrl is…