Allow Brave users to link to their own wallet address as an alternative to Uphold? Uphold executive accused of fraud

the true Gemini does not see it viable either, for example for my country it is not available.

In addition, it can only be verified with a passport.

6 Likes

They are working on bringing Gemini and bitFlyer (JP only) verified wallets to users.

1 Like

Not if you’re an America citizen. I would suggest a VPN but that would bypass rules.

Can BAT not migrate to another chain where fees are cheaper? Binance smart chain, Cardano, Polygon etc that would allow cheaper fees for transfers to personal wallets like Metamask etc?

4 Likes

Once you have verified Uphold wallet you can exchange BATs for XRP or Nano (transaction & network fee is much low) in the wallet itself and then transfer them to other wallets. BAT generally has higher transfer fee in most of the platforms.

2 Likes

We are referring to ligament built in features. I like how you found that out though. Did you google it? Also try that on Android before commenting on a change request for Android OS please.

“Once installed; the crypto wallet has options to set up with Ledger, Traezor, wallet connect, MEW, MetaMask, and can be used with the ipfs extension as a solo miner if you are running a local node daemon with remote proxy to solo mine (very common config for being able to move crypto or are into staking; etc). I’ve even using crypto wallet for Brave for as long as I remember, and I love uphold as a phone app especially because it works great with Apple Pay and the Uphold MasterCard is one of few prepaid finding sources accepted by most exchanges.”

We have 34 votes. The last change granted had 14 votes.

I voted, but I’m not sure if I’m missing something that is already built in since I’ve always been linked to Uphold. Is there not an option to transfer to the built in CryptoWallet if you accumulate enough to cover gas fees? I’m not seeing the option, so that’s why I voted.

Also nice to hear they are working with other exchanges.

2 Likes

just passing to say that the number of votes does not guarantee anything

2 Likes

This, I’ve been using uphold to get XRP and lately Theta since they were one of the few wallets/ exchanges that allowed me to do so in the US but reading this definitely concerns me.
I just got my first BAT payment today to my Uphold wallet so that was neat

1 Like

The change is in development right now for Android OS.

@Jonathan.Tuck ok, good news

1 Like

Please read the article. It was a single professional!! con man, C-level executive, fled to Dubai after he pulled off his hist. Uphold holds some responsibility, they bought a bridge.

Jonathan.Tuck we are adding other options soon. Gemini should be available in 1.27

I respect your brutal honesty, if the change doesn’t happen I’ll try it your way. Please message me detailed instructions (if there’s anyway it can be more detailed) . You and I will and hopefully others can propagate that method. I will not take credit for your work/discovery. @brill.i.aint is the one with the workaround.

I honestly don’t know why my comment is bothering you so much – at least to me, you seem to be upset – :thinking:

1 Like

No sir, you are right. Votes don’t mean change. I did appreciate your comment, honestly.

You’re a great community contributor!

Sorry if I phrased my response in a way that I can look back and see how it can be perceived.

Was referring to this.

Have you considered unlinking uphold from Brave Rewards and using the CryptoWallet Brave Browser (ahem… Google) extension? It’s certainly available on laptop, PC and iPad where browser if Google is your search engine and you turn on the allow Google extensions button in setting. And of course select the install and activate the browser extension. It is accessible right through the brave rewards icon next to the shield; and in the settings.

Once installed; the crypto wallet has options to set up with Ledger, Traezor, wallet connect, MEW, MetaMask, and can be used with the ipfs extension as a solo miner if you are running a local node daemon with remote proxy to solo mine (very common config for being able to move crypto or are into staking; etc). I’ve even using crypto wallet for Brave for as long as I remember, and I love uphold as a phone app especially because it works great with Apple Pay and the Uphold MasterCard is one of few prepaid finding sources accepted by most exchanges.

But as you allude to in your post it can be quite burdensome and has had several glitches. The good news is Brave already granted your wish and it’s called Crypto Wallet; or you can elect to use any other wallet you want if you copy your internal private key from brave rewards setup and add it to the wallet of your choosing…

By https://community.brave.com/u/brill.i.aint

Please stay on topic, this is the Brave community.

2 Likes

On Android? You can only use upholed. Stay on topic please, we are Brave users. Stop spamming that please

A warning for people considering Cryptotab, the people posting the link are using affiliate links.

Cryptotab rundown. They make a profit off of you.

1 Like