Ads stopped on android

I am unsure of when, but I have noticed that ads have stopped appearing on my Phone. I am still seeing ads on my laptop, my media center and my work phone.

Android 10; Build/QPOS30.52-32-10
Brave 1.164.116, Chromium 123.0.6312.105

Yes, I am verified on uphold

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
Verified on 07/20/2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Most of the time yes (protonVPN) typically using a Canadian server

**Are you in a supported region
Yes - Canada

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

my wallet payment ID is be07a50d-7f15-4998-9cb7-92db5964f5ed

Thank you

1 Like

@Interdigitated

• Which types of ads?
  • Have you checked your settings?
  • Are you saying absolutely no ads or just not as many as you’re used to paying attention to? (Check brave://rewards to see totals on ads seen)

Also would like to suggest you check out replies I’ve given people on similar discussions at link below:

Hello Saoiray,

I am seeing zero ads of any type. I double checked the app settings, my notifications are enabled for everything for Brave and android is reporting ‘~0 notifications per week’

Inside brave my ads settings are: new tabe page and notification ads enabled. Both at 0, max 10 per hour,
Brave news ads 0
Total ads received this month: 0

I am connected to uphold and it is showing my proper balance and my estimated earnings for this month (from other devices, mostly my laptop and media center)
my ad’s region also correctly detected my province.

In comparison, i have received 124 ads on my laptop this month. I do use it more, but the phone shouldn’t be at zero.

This has happened in the past, i think I was flagged by an automated system previously.

1 Like

@Interdigitated What’s weird is even if you get flagged or anything, you would still see NTP ads and Brave News. I say that because those will show even for people who have not enabled Rewards, with Brave News ads not even having a toggle to turn off for anyone.

I’ll tag in @Evan123 in hopes he can swing around on this and has anything to offer. But next step I’d do is create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so they can try to help look into things with you and can make sure it’s not anything related to your Rewards profile.

About only other question(s) I have for the moment is:

1. If your device is an authentic version of Android? In other words, it’s not a de-googled version or something.

2. If you have rooted it or whatever. (In the past would say to try SafetyNet, but that doesn’t always work on devices these days).

3. If you installed Brave via Google Play or if you sideloaded the APK or something?

1 Like

Hi Saoiray,

My phone is a motorola g7 power running android 10 ocean, the last moto update for this phone.
Brave was installed via the google play store.
It has been my primary phone used with brave ads since I signed up.

At one point I did have to reinstall the OS using motorola’s recovery program (windows app flashes the phone via USB), but that was almost 2 years ago and it has been working fine since.

Do you think there is any point in trying to use the nightly build or simply reinstalling brave and adding it as a new device?

I mean, if you want to test with Nightly to see if ads show, it might be a helpful troubleshooting thing to help figure out the issue. Beyond that, I’d make sure you created that support ticket so someone from Brave has your info and can investigate with you, perhaps fixing issue if it’s something to do with the Rewards profile itself.

Otherwise, I know I tagged in Evan and perhaps could tag in @Mattches. Tagging in either just in hopes one of them might be able to help provide a bit of guidance here before the weekend.

But, @Interdigitated, ticket will help as they look. So when you get that done, perhaps share ticket number here. This will allow them to have more info available on considering what’s going on.

Thank you

I have created a ticket:
case #257585

1 Like

Cool. Hopefully one of them might have ideas for you today. If we don’t see anything from them, then you’ll likely have to wait until after Monday (at least for any response here on Community). There’s a chance someone from Rewards team will respond to the ticket via the email you provided over the weekend, but that too is more likely to happen just on business days (Monday through Friday).