Ads not opening from notification flags

I am using Brave v1. 12.113 on Android 10 in my Galaxy S10e. I receive the notifications of the Brave Ads, but selecting them does not open the ad page in the Brave browser (which is set as default on my phone), even when I have it open.

Welcome @thoryash

I found my way to your post via community search. I wanted to see if other users were experiencing ad notifications not resolving – and here you are.

Earlier tonight, I had three ad notifications. Upon clicking them, none resolved.

I’ve no screen proof. All I can say is:

• I had been busy working when the ads were received

• @ least four hours passed between my receiving the ads and my attempt to open them

• Three ads were present in notifications. I clicked on all three ads. None of the ads resolved.

My phone is quite meager itself. However, it will run an apk side load of up to date Samsung SmartThings. I use Alexa mainly, but was lucky enough to beta test Samsung Galaxy Mini with Bixby, and the aforementioned app is the dashboard.

Basically, just like my s_x life, I’m unhappy with my phone…but just like my s_x life, I make due via improv and butter(jk, jk…about the improv).

Phone stoof:
20200820_214257

Most recent ad notifications:
20200820_214436

Did they resolve?

Yes.

Yes.

No resolve on DoFasting

Here’s a summary, and do note the time difference between screen of collected ad notices and their respective resolve snips.

I would add that while creating this reply, besides battling an enormous flying wood roach of death, four notifications were received. I clicked each one. All resolved correctly.

@brave Brave, do notifications have an expiration, or a time limit or such, between ad notification reception on device to the “point in time” when the user is able to view the ad?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.