(Win 10) icon in the taskbar appears twice

Description of the issue: (Win 10) icon in the taskbar appears twice

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a new user profile in Brave
  2. Add Brave to taskbar
  3. Open Brave from the taskbar

Actual Result: brv_us_task

Expected result: The Brave icon should only be “opened once” instead of twice.

Reproduces how often: Always

Operating System and Brave Version:
Windows 10 1903 - Brave: 0.66.99

Additional Information:
The “bug” occurred with one of the last updates.
Normally you click on the icon, and Brave opens “only once” instead of displaying a new icon with the user photo.
Here the mistake happens that one clicks several times on the left icon, which opens several Brave windows.

I hope you understand what I mean ^^

Edit: That’s what it looks like when I open Thunderbird:
tdb_us_task

sorry am confused couldn’t follow the instructions to recreate the problem

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1. Create a new user profile in Brave

2. Add Brave to taskbar

Drag Brave icon with the left mouse button to the taskbar

Before!
brv_tsk_p1
After that.
brv_tsk_p2

3. Open Brave from the taskbar

found an bug am not sure if this what you are talking about . Followed your instructions but then closed the first user, when I clicked on original brave icon for the first users on the taskbar it opened the second user profile brave

Normally Brave, like all other programs, should be opened with a blue bar under the first and only Brave icon (see Thunderbird) - not with a 2nd icon in the task bar.

That is normal for creating additional user. It creates a shortcut for the new user

But since I can’t edit the default user “Profile 1”, I have to make a new one (actually only because of the profile picture :face_with_hand_over_mouth:).

I still don’t like the current state, however, if I want to switch to the desktop with ALT + Tab and quickly open Brave, I often open a new (half) Brave window.

Often I notice this too late, have several pages open, but then I always have to switch between both windows to get to the open sides of the other window.

Another solution I use is Copy & Past to copy the tabs from one window to the other and close the first.

And this process can happen to me with any desktop switch!

Result: Not so bulging :thinking:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.