Will brave work under ChromeOS with LaCrOS?

It appears that Google is putting in some work to separate Chrome from ChromeOS with “LaCrOS”: https://9to5google.com/2020/09/14/google-chrome-os-separate-browser-updates/

Does this mean that it might be possible to have Brave running on a ChromeOS device in the future?

Hello

brave can work with chromeos
you can install it from the playstore

and have a nice day

I have difficulty imagining that the Android version of Brave would provide the same experience as a native version of Brave.

i can agree with that to some extent

but i read article that say that you can install linux app on chromeos but it still beta

so not sure if it help or not

and notice that way is not supported by brave so hope that the new way you mention offer a better option

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Perhaps this isn’t tagged right: I’m not asking about installing Brave on today’s ChromeOS. I’m asking if the forthcoming LaCrOS feature of ChromeOS might allow Brave to run natively. I.e. not through the Linux containers or Android.

LaCroOS supposedly breaks Chrome out from ChromeOS. Supposedly, that might allow updates to the browser part of ChromeOS after the “Auto Update Expiration” EoL for Chromebooks, and I’m hoping that it could allow another browser to run on ChromeOS. If so, I hope that Brave can do that.

If it’s possible, I hope the devs might consider supporting the feature.

got you and sorry for miss understanding and hope they offer it and have a nice day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.