Whenever searching something up, it's tilted

Description of the issue:
Whenever I search something up, the websites and images that pop up are tilted to the left side of the screen. Only shows up whenever something is searched in the ALL SEARCH menu, doesn’t affect images or other tabs of the search menu. Same thing happens when I switch my default browser to Google Chrome. Extensions are off and shields down doesn’t change anything. (Check attached image)

Exact URL of the website in question:
No exact URL
Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes
Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No
Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes
Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.38.111 Chromium: 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi

@boi Check if zoom is at 100 percent by holding CTRL button while rolling wheel mouse.

Hi @CerealLover I checked the zoom but it didn’t fix unforetunately. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any help? Not sure what to do

Hi

@boi Try this:

1. Check if zoom is at 100 percent in the settings @ brave://settings/?search=zoom.

2. If not solved, check in windows settings if resolution is as recommended for instance 1080x1920.

3. The above (1 and 2) might shift it slightly to the right, because for me also there is a slight shift towards the left (see image below), at the above resolution. I use W11 with latest Brave.

The page should be in the middle with equal margins at left and right @100 percent zoom, unless it is design this way to give adequate room for search content results. @Mattches and @steeven have a look if not very busy!
PS. I checked with Opera GX browser, the issue persists and therefore is not related to settings.

1 Like

@boi ,

I did not find the content to be “tilted”.

Sounds like, you expect that the content of the web page, to be justified to the center of the Brave Browser window.

Whereas, often times - when writing - content is justified to the left aka justified left.

1 Like

@boi,
I’m curious if what @289wk is describing what you’re referring to. Saying “tilted” implies (or at least makes me think) that the content is on a left-leaning “slant”. Whereas left-justified is the intended display and it is this way for many sites (and search engine). For example, here is what I see on my end:

Google, DDG and most other engines display this way as well:

2 Likes

Yep, what @289wk says is definitely right. I guess I imagined a center justified browser. Thank you all for taking time out of your days to reply and give me examples! Have a a great day.

1 Like

Although, while this is sort of relevant to the browser searching function, I have another issue that I might need some examples of again. It involves the image tab. If I search something up (i.e. the word example), and I scroll down a little, it doesn’t give me an option to view more and completely comes to a stop.

As you can see with the scroll bar on the right side of the screen, I barely scrolled down and I’m already at a stop to the images. This happens with any search.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.