'Server not responding' on QR code scan for months of trying to transfer mobile rewards to desktop

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

Brave has prompted me to transfer the mobile rewards I’ve been collecting for well over a year to a desktop wallet, but every time I’ve tried scanning the QR code I get a ‘server not responding’ error repeatedly to the point where I can’t even close the app unless I double click the iPhone home button and swipe it away. What gives? I’ve updated the browser on both sides.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Pull up transfer QR code on desktop Brave rewards area
  2. Click the link for the one-time transfer on iPhone and try scanning the QR code
  3. ‘Server not responding’ error shows up in QR scanner and won’t go away

Expected result:

It transfers my BAT to my desktop wallet :expressionless:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

iPhone SE

Additional Information:

Yeah, I’ve had the same issue for about a month now. @Mattches is working on this with the iOS team, I believe.

Yes we are still working on resolving this issue. There are lots of moving parts and we do appreciate your patience.

I can’t find the QR code. Occassionaly it appears and I try to do the transfer and it says the server isn’t responding.

The thing that I have the issue with is that the QR code is not there, more often than not. Is this something thats happening to others?

1 Like

@jakospence,
Can you tell me what OS you’re using (the one in which the QR code does not appear) as well as what Brave version it is (Menu --> About Brave)?

I’m using iOS 10.13.6 and the version of brave I’m using is 1.20.103

I am having the same issue. Also i have no wallet information on the app on ios. IM worried cause ive put a lot of time in using this browser on my phone.

Any updates on this issue @Mattches ?

This issue is taking a longer time to resolve than initially anticipated and I do apologize for that. I’ve just pinged several team members about the issue so that we can at least get an status/progress update on it. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Such sad. Very wow. Please keep us updated I am devastated by this.

Hey @Mattches, just wondering if there was any updates on this issue? I’m trying to transfer my mobile wallet after updating but when I scan the QR code I get an error. Thanks for your help!
image|281x499

I am pretty shocked by the fact this has not been resolved. Some of us have a decent chunk of change from mobile rewards that has straight up gone missing. Not far from a bank suddenly losing sight of an account with funds, and as a software engineer I am dumbfounded that it could take months to tell your customers any information about what happened to their money. Can someone please take this seriously and get us a reasonable response on this ASAP?

1 Like

It is absurd they have gone radio silent on this. I haven’t received a response for nearly two weeks.

Me too I can’t find the QR code in my iphone x thing that I have the issue with is that the QR code is not there

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.