"Region not supported" but is supported

**What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10 and Linux
**Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes (Windows) No (Linux)

**What date did you verify your wallet? A month ago (I’ve received same payments in the past year)

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes!

**Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes!

**Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? No Android devices

**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes

Hello everyone, until June I quietly received good payments on my Uphold account. I had disconnected my wallet from both browsers, on July 8 I reconnected my wallet to windows without problems but I did not receive any bat payment on my account. Today I tried to reconnect uphold on the linux pc and it tells me that the country is not supported even if it is present in the list. I also do not understand why he did not receive the bat even if the wallet had been disconnected from linux

1 Like

Would help if you mentioned what country. But I’m just going to throw you a list of all the different places to look in regards to supported regions. FYI, there are many “supported regions” in terms of Brave Rewards that are no longer supported by Uphold or Gemini. When I say no longer supported by Gemini or Uphold, I mean they have closed to Brave but may still allow you to have accounts. It’s just a bunch of little things happening within business and government that needs to be handled.

Notice: Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

India: Verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold temporarily unavailable

PSA: Venezuela no longer supported by Uphold (or Gemini) - #2 by Saoiray

Important: Uphold no longer supporting countries in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Balkans region

1 Like

Oh, and actually, brand new notice as to 4 hours ago. They have now restricted regions on Uphold even more. I’ll have to look closely but I think it might resemble the Gemini restrictions.

1 Like

This is Switzerland. Also what is written is wrong, if your country is no longer supported you can not continue to earn and have the accreditation when the country will be supported again. If you are logged in or have been logged in the past, and the country is not supported BAT will be lost!

1 Like

Not true. You will still see ads and be able to earn BAT. You just won’t be able to withdraw the BAT to an Exchange. Instead you’ll either accumulate it in your browser or you can use it to tip Creators. Then, when/if your country is supported again, you’ll be able to link your browser to the Exchange and move the BAT there, where you’d then be able to convert it to other crypto or to fiat (cash).

Where are you coming up with that? It’s not true at all. I mean, if the Exchange you had been using suddenly cancels your country, they give you time to withdraw it from there before they close your account.

Yet in this case, it’s not Uphold or Gemini closing accounts. It’s just that there are issues where Brave and the Exchanges are putting a hold on many regions. This means you keep your Gemini or Uphold account but just can’t link Brave to it for the moment.

2 Likes

Have a nice day brave for the link again???

1 Like

I’m not inventing anything, it’s reality. Both on the PC with verified account and on the one with an unverified account, the BAT were coming until yesterday. Today the warning has disappeared and the token balance is at 0

1 Like

I didn’t say you’re inventing anything. I said you’re misunderstanding. Then I explained how it works and that if you were connected, it could yet show up in your Uphold for this month. So advised to wait until payments complete so you know whether it will appear.

At the same time, because I know things don’t always go as intended, I then shared the link on how to create a Support Ticket. Granted, I did that under one of your other random comments/complaints, but you should have seen that by now as well.

Not sure the point of linking this. But adding some thoughts to your issue:

Apparently, there’s a new list incase you still haven’t noticed. And following that I don’t think Uphold supports Switzerland anymore. As the notice said, the change was effected immediately so maybe when you tried reconnecting your Uphold Wallet on your Linux-pc, the work behind this new notice was already done.

So, the only answer to your issue:

Once logged out or disconnected from Uphold, users in unsupported regions will not be able to log in again or re-verify Brave Rewards with Uphold.

Link for the new notice adding again in this thread:

2 Likes

there is a possibility we can withdraw BAT from brave wallet into another exchange? using ripple network? or may be sell into usdt to withdraw using polygon ?? any knows something like that?

1 Like

Not at this time. They do have a new Exchange they will be adding, but they aren’t telling us any specifics yet. Also no ideas if they will be open to regions that currently are “unsupported” right now or if they will have the same restrictions.

1 Like

Is the decision to unsupport countries coming from Brave or Uphold?

My understanding is that it is coming from Brave, as Gemini also has the exact same restrictions with the same list.

Why Brave is no longer the previous supported countries?

I mean, what are the problems that made Brave decide to take away those already supported countries?

hi @criscabellos welcome to the community. :smiley:

From a logical point i would say it’s not coming from Brave.
As far as Gemini has to go through the KYC process, so they are the ones dealing with sanctions and other kinds of regional/national regulatories.
I think it’s just the other way around.

Brave has the exact restrictions as Gemini.

Either way, it doesn’t make much sense, why should anybody (Brave, Gemini, Uphold,…) cut off a (big) part of their customers?

They’re just following regulations or sanctions and sure are hoping this will change soon. It’s not in their power.

greetings

you are talking utter nonsense.
These restrictions come from Brave
because of the high risk of fraud.

@Bananas12 You have any substantial proof for your theory?

Please share it with us!

This is not a theory.
Find a video of Brave developers talking on the forum
In one of their threads posted it.
The primary return will be aimed at India.

It’s a joint decision.

There have been a lot of regulatory changes lately. Various governments have changed how things work for crypto as a result of the ongoing crypto winter. If you click where I linked, you’ll see tidbits of information. Including as such where exchanges like Gemini have laid off employees, losing 18% of their workforce.

Money, regulations, paperwork, business deals, etc. There’s a lot of moving parts behind things like exchanges happening. It’s not like Gemini and Uphold are offering their services and letting Brave connect for free. We don’t incur the cost(s) but Brave pays for things that we don’t see. Add in government requirements and everything else, it can get challenging.

:joy:OK, show me the proof.

Sure i not gonna waste my time on that.

SO what’s gonna happen with my money that I had on Uphold? Who is gonna be enjoying it?