Please Highlight the active tab

I use brave dark mode, and I had an important tab open, however, due to the very low highlight of the active tab, i accidentally closed it,
it would be great if you could make the active tab much more distinguishable.

1. Maybe add orange/custom colour to the top of the active tab in the form of a thin line
  2. Add a bit more contrast?

brave version : [Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
Thanks,

Hi @Sprix, Welcome to Community!
You could try going to brave://flags/ and enabling tab groups

This is how it looks:

2020-09-18T06:00:00Z

This problem with identifying the active tab is the only major complaint that I have with Brave. I also use a dark background and have a great deal of difficulty in identifying the active tab. This has caused me to accidently close the wrong tab. I had the same problem when using a light background. I’m using the latest desktop Brave on Linux (currently Pop OS! 20.04).

Other software that I use has a bright colored line under the tab title to indicate the active tab. I find this to be very effective. Please consider implementing something like this in Brave.

Thanks!

@taosld @Sprix,
We’ve actually have had this reported before – would you both mind sharing a screenshot of how it appears on your end with your setup?

Hi.

Thanks for responding to my request.

I have attached a screen shot of Brave showing the active tab, and one from Geany (text editor) also showing the active tab. You can see how much easier it is to distinguish the active tab in Geany. My laptop is running Linux (Pop OS! 20.04).

Thanks!

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.