Outlook no longer opens in Brave - NEW ISSUE

Description of the issue:
I have used outlook on Brave for years without issues. Suddenly I get a spinning wheel for ever, outlook does not load. If I clean cache and cookies etc. it opens again. But after closing the browser and opening a new one minutes later, it again reverts to endless spinning until I clean cache etc. This is very cumbersome as I am used to just open pages on my home computer without having to type in passwords everywhere. I also tested Chrome (and edge) and did not find the same issue. Outlook opens fine in Chrome.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Open Brave (after starting computer OR without restarting computer), click on bookmark for outlook, outlook page shows up but nothing loads, spinning.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Load inbox

Reproduces how often:
a dozen times

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10
Version 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Problem cannot be reproduced on either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Clearing Browsing History, Cookies, and Cache helps for ONE TIME login.

1 Like

Hello there @cabaer please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Could you please try opening your main profile in private mode or guest to see if Outlook loads? If it does load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

I have the same problem. Ironically it will work fine on my Brave browser in Linux, but not Windows 10, the envelope opening animation just keeps opening forever.

Oddly it does work if I go into private mode.

Looking at “Inspect” > “Console” I see. (part of the message as the forum says I can only post 4 links):

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src ‘nonce-bvljxdvxx/jdujhhrx19uw==’ *.res.office365.com *.fluidpreview.office.net .cdn.office.net wss://.delve.office.com:443 shellprod.msocdn.com amcdn.msauth.net amcdn.msftauth.net cdn.forms.office.net blob: ‘report-sample’ ‘self’ ‘wasm-unsafe-eval’ Either the ‘unsafe-inline’ keyword, a hash (‘sha256-HhEIvEzqJ9hKWTy58Jm65kWCJKDNa5mfwpLckAqyiZU=’), or a nonce (‘nonce-…’) is required to enable inline execution.

1 Like

Please try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.