Microphone cannot connect to Internet

Description of the issue:
I am attempting to use the microphone with an online dictation/transcription service. It returns the error message that I am not connected to the Internet, but I am (I can get to the service’s site). To check it, I tried doing a voice search with Google and got the same error message (screenshot attached). I have successfully used the service in Chrome before (on another computer) and in Yandex on this one.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Open Google
  2. Click on microphone in search bar to do a voice search

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Message that I’m not connected to the Internet

Expected result:
Ability to dictate search

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.58.21 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Is that the current live release? I don’t know how to know that.

Additional Information:

2 Likes

@Wakey,
Thanks for reaching out to us. The issue you’re encountering is actually already known and has been logged on our GitHub page for our team to review here:

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. You’ll likely see this issue addressed in a future update to the browser. I’ve added your report to the thread as well on your behalf.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe the data point that it doesn’t work with another mic-to-online service besides Google will help. Otherwise, good luck with it!

Sorry for the double reply–here’s a screenshot of the other service, in case it helps.

@Wakey, it certainly did! I was actually unaware that more websites were affected by this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I’m going to forward this information to the team and do a little digging to see if this is known or not.

Glad it helped. What’s supposed to happen there is that I click the Dictate button (it’s behind the error message) and speak the text I want transcribed, and the text appears in that box you can see. Clicking the Dictate button is what produces this result.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.