"Join extension" by joaoapps is not working

Description of the issue:
There is an old post in which the same problem was exposed but, unfortunately, the problem has not yet been solved. I re-expose the problem, integrating the description:

The following “Join” extension does not work in Brave browser (the same extension works correctly in Chrome browser:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Extension
  2. Login to Google account
  3. Click on the extension and then click on the three dots on the top right of the popup
  4. Run the tests in the “DIAGNOSTICS” tab

Expected result (from Chtome browser):

Actual result (from Brave browser):

Brave Version:

Additional Information:
Brave completely blocks “Join”.
I contacted the talented developer João Dias who confirmed that the problem is in the Brave browser, considering also that in the Chrome browser the extension works correctly.

2 Likes

Did you considered that brave is trying to preserve your privacy?

It is easy for the “talented” developer to say if it works in Chrome then the trouble is with Brave. Did he gave you more details about what this extension is trying to do and why is not able to do it?
From what I see, the error message says “testing registration on Join’s server”, so, it looks like whatever data Brave is submitting (or not submitting) is not accepted by Join. Does the “talented” developer has an answer for it?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.