In Brave my location is wrong in Google maps

when using the Brave browser my location is wrong in Google maps; works good in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
I do not have a Brave notification in the “privacy” setttings in the system priorities from the Mac.

Thanks,
Joep

I too have the “same” issue. When I use Brave to go to maps.google.com I am taken to a location that is about 10 miles away. If however I use maps.google.ca it show my correct location.

When using Chrome both urls go to the correct location.

If however, I use a private browser window in Brave it locates me correctly at both URLs without me signing in.

With Brave, on maps the logged-in account (at the top right corner of the map) is an account where I am actually logged out - I tried logged out of all accounts. In a Brave private window, the account shows me as logged out (as expected).

I hope I have provided some interesting insight.

Brave is up to date

Version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I would clear the cookies/cache for google.* and re-try again (as a first step)

Thanks fanboyz for the suggestion. Clearing the cache and cookies did it. I did not see a way in Brave to be selective for the google sites, so did everything.

Now both google.com and google.ca maps show me at the right spot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.