How do i disable the search tab?

I have to say, I really don’t understand why people are upset about this. I love the feature, esp. when used with the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+A), because I am a user who typically has many tabs open. If I need to find a specific tab, a quick keypress and type a few chars and I can find it, even if I have hundreds of tabs open.

And if I need to go back and forth between tabs I can hit the key combo and use the arrows; again, very fast. Many people have been dying for this capability to be ported from Firefox; well, here it is (albeit implemented differently).

I don’t disagree that it would be nice to be able to disable it if you don’t want it, don’t use it, etc. But it does have a purpose that some people find quite useful, and its presence can actually obviate the need for an extension to deal with this.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with you loving the feature, the problem is many don’t like it and we need an option to enable/disable it for those who hate it and feel it’s unnecessary. It’s literally being forced upon us.

…if it’s not fixed soon I will have no option but to use an earlier portable version without this feature. I don’t want to have to do this, so please FIX this.

Yeah I get that, nothing wrong with someone hating it either, but it just seems like the reaction is so strong for such a small thing (esp. considering its usefulness). I guess I am trying to make 2 main points:

• It’s a relatively small UI change that got inherited from upstream, and if the devs spend all their time removing things that get added, that’s less dev time for advancing other features and the organization. I think it’s unreasonable to expect that they provide a means of controlling every single possible UI option, it will never end.
  • It actually has a solid purpose and indirectly fulfills an important feature request that had actually been keeping a lot of people on Firefox. I wonder if there’s a lot of folks who don’t realize how useful it can be, and maybe giving it a chance can take off some of the edge.
1 Like

Still no option to turn it off, it’s really annoying.

And I NEVER use it, EVER. So why the heck would I want it visible?
It’s right above my addons and right next to the minimise button, too. And looks damn horrible. It detracts focus away from the rest of the UI.

It shouldn’t be hard to give a simple config switch to control visibility.

Yes please remove if it’s garbage! Or at least add the option for users to enable/disable this.

Recently there was an update, and it surprises me a bit that this was not addressed yet???
Can not be that difficult, so i guess the team just don’t care about user opinions…

Developers introduced an option to remove the button, it’s currently available in Beta and Nightly versions of Brave. Patience, it shouldn’t take long until it lands in the stable channel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.