External apps don’t open from resolver target links

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
The way that Brave browser handles Telegram redirects to resolve external apps like Telegram desktop or the Telegram mobile app, is the least satisfying way I have seen when compared to other iOS mobile browsers. Chrome handles it OK, Safari handles it well. I think the telegram code is partly to blame here. In some browsers, the resolver link gets called immediately and after 1 second. In other browsers the first resolver link gets ignored, and the second resolver link is seen and the browser will ask if the user wants to open the Telegram mobile app.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to core.telegram.org/widgets/discussion
    2.type t.me/opendisctionary1/4 into the URL of telegram post field, press enter or click away from the text.
    3.when the comments load, click where it says “this post” in blue. The link will forward you to t.me/… or the resolver tg://… and in the mobile app you will have bad results.

Expected result:
Stay on the web display of the telegram post. If a resolver link is to be called, let it be ignored, or let it create a prompt to the user that they can open the Telegram mobile app, or remain in the web view.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPhone 8, brave browser

Additional Information:
Screen recording of poor performance of the browser. https://share.icloud.com/photos/06fQPXE-7jg4n-AD3ZOG3QKPg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.