Error: Region not supported... but my country isn't on the striked list!

Hello,

First a preface: I have read through your supported/unsupported regions document below

Supported Country Changes:
NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

I’m from Malaysia, which isn’t on the list, nor is it on the list of previously unsupported or restricted countries. As of an hour ago, I’ve gotten the error message " Error: Region not supported. Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time."

Can someone please provide clarity on whether this is a mistake, or there’s an error in the back end preventing me from reconnecting? Appreciate it!

The post you linked above reports the updated supported regions, as you can see Malaysia is not there, so it’s not a system mistake, you actually are in an unsupported country to withdraw rewards in Gemini.

To clarify, that is not the striked list, is the allowed.

@yurusei

@Saoiray has covered what you would otherwise be using the Brave Community search feature, to find:

Right, I have misread then. Although why they didn’t word it as “linking/verifying (or re-linking) Brave Rewards with a Gemini account is allowed only in the following supported countries” so that it’s clearer is mind-boggling.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.