Browser sometimes becoming black?

Description of the issue:
Randomly the browser will just turn black when browsing, I don’t know what happens but it blocks use of the browser until I restart any and all tabs open.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Just browsing (It is completely random)

Expected result:
everything below the search bar becomes black
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.31.87 Chromium: 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
None.

1 Like

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in brave://settings/system @Deadzulu

Hi, today I have experienced a very similar black-screen issue to the ones described on these pages but only when using the tribe website (which I use frequently)

https://movavi-video-suite.tribe.so/

When scrolling up and down rapidly in Brave, the whole screen intermittently becomes black for a second or two. I do not mean just the web page, or the tab, I mean the whole of the screen, including the windows task bar along the bottom of the screen, as if I had a faulty video cable. It also sounds very similar to this issue raised back in January by @R9488

I tested in other browsers on this machine (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and also tested the same rapid scrolling action on other websites, but it was only Brave and only this website where I could demonstrate this issue. I am using a fairly standard graphics system, and the drivers are all up to date as far as I know.

Windows 10 19043.1348
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz
Brave Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I tried the suggestion by @fanboyz on this thread to disable hardware acceleration. In my case, this appears to have solved the problem. I’ve not experienced any problems with hardware acceleration in other software. I checked and do have hardware acceleration turned on in both Chrome and in Edge and they do not hit this problem. I do not know if Firefox uses hardware acceleration or not.

I hope this information helps in pinning down whatever is causing this bug.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.