Browser not working - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi, I’ve been using Brave for a couple of years and love it, however yesterday 90% of pages I went to gave me a “Aw, Snap!” error with error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I’ve refreshed multiple times and it happens after about half a second. The vast majority of pages don’t work, two sites I’ve foudn that work: and, every other site I’ve tried doesn’t, Google, Facebook, BBC, google news,, wikipedia etc etc.

This has happened out of the blue, no updates or new software on my machine. Running in private mode (or Tor) doesn’t help. I’ve got the latest version
Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’m running Windows 7 (yes I know, I hate 10). I saw Avast caused some people the same issue, I’ve removed this to no avail.

Other browsers are fine, no connection problems, other devices using brave (android and Win 10 laptop) work fine on same internet connection.

I hope I can get this fixed as I love Brave!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.