Brave time issue

Hi I am using Brave rewards this message this showing on Gemini
Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.

I am in India show in which time I have to withdrawal or verify my account

@meryrajam , @BengaliTrick ,

To be clear, the message that shows, is:

“Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.”

Given that message, then for some reason (unknown at the present), India is a region, or within a region, that is not supported.

You might find out why, from @steeven . Possibly @Chocoholic might have an answer.

Unfortunately, Brave-Gemini have temporarily suspended support for India at this time.

Posted the same in the other topic too.

1 Like

@meryrajam I got to thinking that maybe I misunderstood what you were asking. So, posting additional information.

You can hold your earned BAT in your unverified Rewards until Brave-Gemini lifts the suspension at which time you can verify your account.

Please make sure you are backing up your Brave-Browser folder on your desktop just in case something happens to your OS or the browser and you need to restore your Rewards. If you do not have a backup you will lose any Rewards balance and earnings.

I do not know if you can backup Rewards on an Android device. I haven’t seen any specific information posted. I do not know how user data files are stored on an Android device so can’t say if there is a way to save the files, like to the cloud, just in case. Sorry.

I am from india ,i successfully connect brave to gemini but somehow i disconnect and now i cant reconnect to gemini please help me to connect

@Joydip

What @Chocoholic said above:

“Unfortunately, Brave-Gemini have temporarily suspended support for India at this time.”

can i use uphold as now?

@Joydip ,

Any other info re Uphold, should be at:

When did you tried connecting

I am facing this issue since day before yesterday, before that it was working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.