Brave should look into a similar feature to Chrome's new Tab Groups Collapse option

As someone who’s never yet been able to solve the ‘too many tabs’ issue, I’m always on the lookout.

Martin Brinkmann (ghacks.net) had this to say about the new Chrome feature that seeks to solve that problem:

"The integration of a collapsing option improves Chrome’s Tab Groups feature significantly. It gives Chrome users options to group sites that they visit, and collapse groups to free up space on the tab bar.

“I see multiple use cases for tab groups, e.g. to sort different activities into different groups, use a “temporary” group for sites of interest that you need to access for a certain time, or to put all tabs into groups to extend the tab space that is available without having to open multiple Chrome windows or using extensions that bring order into the tab chaos.”

Be great for Brave to add a similar feature – one without the limitation noted about Chrome’s in @switters May 16th reply post here . . . Will Brave support the new Chrome tab groups feature?

5 Likes

Tabs groups already exist :sunglasses:
Go to brave://flags/ > search “Tab groups” > Enable

1 Like

Yes, but I cited the objection to them that had been made in another thread here.

The implication was that Chrome’s tab group feature amounts to little more than a graphic cue, and doesn’t offload the tabs into any kind of memory-saving storage.

Was the claim inaccurate?

Enabling Tab Groups does work. The enabling of the Group Collapsing does not do anything even after full computer restart. Is there something else I have to do to enable it? Because grouping alone does not really help with more than a handful of tabs.

Also: Can grouping pinned tabs be enabled somewhere?

1 Like